Sunday, May 3, 2009

Back out again

Well, been a few days. I got home last Monday and got nothing done at home that needed doing except for burning a brush pile and balancing the check book. I did get an old cedar tree that fell down about 7 years ago burnt.

Hopefully a sign of better times. When I gave them my ready call on Saturday morning they came back with 2 load offers. That is the first time I have gotten even one load offer on a weekend leaving home in over 5 months. Hope it will start picking up. Or maybe the company I work for is so stable, and a lot of the others aren't, maybe that impresses the shippers more and giving us more freight.

I took the load going to Knoxville, TN from Tyler, TX. It got me by Calhoun, TN where could visit with mom and dad a few hours. Got a great meal to boot.

I will deliver Monday morning and see if the good freight will hold up. Last couple of weeks have been much better.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to stop by. Dad said you were coming. I worry about my folks and your folks, but it seems as though they are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete