Friday, May 15, 2009

Back south

Well I made my delivery last night OK. They had posted on their window in the warehouse what the parking options were around Portland, ME. Wasn't much considering it was midnight when I got out of there. They don't let you park on their city streets.

The first option was a service plaza on the Maine Turnpike back southbound about 20 miles. It was full when I came up north about 3 hours earlier. The second was north on the turnpike about 20 miles. I looked at it on Google Earth and it only had about 5 spaces for truck parking, so I ruled that one out for that time of night. The last was a rest area on I-295 north of Portland. That interstate is not as traveled as the turnpike was, so I headed up that way and hoped for the best. It was a small rest area and had about 10 spaces for trucks, 3 of them available. Lucky me. Ten minutes after I parked the other spaces were gone too.

They finally gave me a load offer about noon today that picked up in Devens, MA which is next to Harvard. Came out of Anheuser-Busch and has two drops, one in Richmond, VA and the last in Macon, GA. Nice sunny drive this afternoon and the traffic around Boston wasn't too bad. No tie ups anyway. Got back to Sturbridge, MA and got a spot for the night and will take off in the morning and try to make it down near Richmond tomorrow afternoon. Will have to go down through NYC in the morning and try getting across the GW bridge again. This time it is Saturday so maybe won't be too bad in the morning.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment