Saturday, May 23, 2009

Iowa




I got to Walmart this morning early and dropped the load. They had already warned me yesterday afternoon they didn't have any loads. Told me again a bit ago. After dropping my load I had to drive 20 miles north of Mount Pleasant, IA to the nearest truck stop to find parking. Doesn't look good for the weekend. I will probably be stuck here for awhile.

If they don't come up with a load offer before 1 or 2 pm today, it may be Tuesday before I get something. Where I am sitting in Ainsworth, IA, I can see the truck stop I am sitting in and corn fields in every direction. I have 2 tv stations I can pick up and a weak computer signal. I guess I will watch the complete 5 disk collection of Harry Potter this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day. Remember the Veterans this weekend, and especially the ones who gave all their tomorrows so that you may enjoy this day. Take a moment to read about my great uncle and the sacrifice he made for all of us this weekend. PFC Hollis A. Cloyd, the link is below.

http://76thdivision.com/indexhac.html

No comments:

Post a Comment