Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ohio

Made my delivery in Knoxville Monday morning and after waiting for couple of hours dispatch gave me a load off the Crete yard in Knoxville going to Soddy Daisy, TN. The driver under the load had his truck in the shop and couldn't make the delivery on time, so they passed it off to me. They gave me only couple of hours to make it to customer before they closed. I made it with about 10 minutes to spare.

After getting the load of Bud off, they gave me a load to pick up in Kimball, TN going to Solon, OH. So I ran over and picked up the load at 4pm, and it had to deliver at 7:30pm the next afternoon. I made it to Franklin, KY before I ran out of hours which left me a 9 hour drive to make delivery.

I had a discrepancy in delivery time on the load. Dispatch gave me a 7:30pm delivery, and the paperwork had a 5:30pm delivery appointment printed on it. Since it was after normal hours, I had to wait until morning to find out which time was correct. In order to make the 5:30pm appointment I had to leave out at 5:30am to make sure I made it in time. If the appointment was actually going to be 7:30pm then I was going to be out of hours by the time I finished with delivery. Where it delivered outside of Cleveland there are no truck stops within 40 miles, which presents a problem.

Appointment was 7:30pm. Luckily the customer allowed me to take my break on site after delivery which saved me the stress of finding a place to park. Wait until tomorrow and see where else I get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment