Sunday, May 31, 2009

Georgia

I got up and drove over to our terminal in Marietta Saturday morning and dropped my load off there. They turned around and offered me 3 loads to choose from, every single one of them were 500 or more miles away and delivered on 6/1 or 6/2. Had to remind him I was supposed to be in Marietta on night of 6/1 for the safety class on Tuesday. So they gave me a load off the yard that had been dropped earlier to be delivered to Petsmart DC in Newnan, GA at 8am Sunday morning. So I picked it up, drove to Newnan to a truck stop there and sat until Sunday morning.

I delivered to Petsmart this morning, full load of dog food. They next gave me a load on the Marietta yard again, another dropped load. It has 3 drops on it going to 3 different grocery warehouses, my favorite places. First stop in Athens, GA, just across the street from where I am right now at 4am tomorrow. The second drop is in Suwanee, GA back toward Atlanta at 7:30am tomorrow. After that drop I go back to Marietta, set until get class out of the way Tuesday, then drive back over just down the street from my second drop and drop the final 13 pallets Wednesday morning at 10am. I guess they planned that just for me.

No TV reception in this hick town, so I guess I play solitaire until go to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Perfect time to learn something new. have you considered the harmonica, banjo, spanish, or knitting? I'd avoid the tuba - it's not a good solo instrument.

    -david

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the harmonica, I couldn't stand my playing. May have to try again though.

    ReplyDelete