Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moving South

I made my delivery to Cincinnati early in the morning and they gave me a load that was supposed to be ready at 5pm that evening. Was going to have all day to set so went to nearest truck stop about 15 miles north of town. At noon they sent me a message that the load was ready to go, so I headed into town to pick it up. Turns out it had been ready for about 12 hours and dispatch just found out about it.

The load went to Keebler in Brunswick, GA and delivered on Friday. I got there Thursday afternoon and had time to clean up and rest. I delivered the Keebler load at 8am and they gave me my next load to pick up in Jacksonville, FL later that afternoon going to Ardmore, OK. This load was ready early too so I got it picked up at 2pm. This gave me time to get most of the way across Florida before shutting down.

I woke up this morning with a flat tire on the trailer. Breakdown department sent me to a tire shop in Pensacola, FL and gave me the address and directions. Well I got there and there was a nice big new Church sitting at that address. So I have to call breakdown back, another 10 min wait on the hold. They looked it up on a cross reference and found they had a new place 4 miles back north. I got here a few minutes later and being Saturday morning, they are closed. So another call to breakdown, this time 20 min on hold. Said they would call someone out to fix tire and would send me a message when they would be here. I'm still waiting. Looks like another call coming up, probably be a 30 min wait now. Nice hot and HUMID here in Pensacola I'm telling ya!! Especially after the rain shower that just went over.

No comments:

Post a Comment