Monday, August 24, 2009

moving on

Well from North Carolina I went up to New Jersey with a load of toilet paper for the Yankees. I then picked up a load in Edison, NJ going to Cleveland, OH area but they let me drop the load in Allentown, PA drop yard because this was Friday and it did not deliver until Monday.

So I dropped that load at the drop yard, and was given a load of dog food in Allentown going to Crete, NE. The load was not supposed to be ready until 10pm that night, but I went on in there and they had just finished loading it. I was able to get the load and move over to Lamar, PA for then night. I made it to Peru, IL Saturday night and to Council Bluffs, IA on Sunday night.

I got up early this morning and delivered the load to Friskies/Nestle Purina in Crete at 6:30am and let dispatch know that I needed to get my truck serviced. So they let me drive back up to the Lincoln, NE shop and have been here through the morning. They told me may be tonight before they get to it, but actually took the truck into the shop at 11am.

Crete Carrier is a debt free company. They are busy buying new trucks like crazy because no one else can afford to right now. They are getting great deals because the truck manufacturing companies are needing to keep their people busy building them. Same with new trailers. Reason they thought would be late getting me in the shop because everyone here is working on the trade in trucks. Peeling off decals and servicing them to be sold. Also they are moving the new ones in to be decaled and serviced etc.

Shop manager asked me this morning if I did not get them memo not to come to Lincoln for truck service. Duh!! No!! I don't get memos.

Got my truck out and now waiting for a loaded trailer that is in the shop to come out. I have to deliver that load over in Cedar Falls, IA tomorrow.

I have some pictures of a beautiful sunset in northern Illinois and will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment