Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kentucky Next

I delivered my first drop to a Big Lots store. The entire trailer is stacked on the floor front to back top to bottom. They run conveyors into the trailer and roll the cartons out one at a time with about 4 to 5 people working on it. The first half of the trailer came off in a little less that 2 hours. Once they resealed the trailer I drove to the second store about 12 miles away.

The second store was difficult to get into. When you pull into the drive you are facing the dock and very little room to get a 72' rig turned around. I had to turn a sharp corner to the left with posts set up to make sure they damage the trucks coming in before the trucks damage the grass. Once you make the corner, of course they park vehicles in the lot so you will have one more thing to concentrate on besides the posts. Once around the corner, I can back up behind the building and then turn back the way I came so I can get backed into the dock.

While they unloaded the last of the product I walked next door and bought a few groceries for the truck. Once unloaded dispatch gave me a load to pick up in Crete, NE going to Scottsville, KY. Before going down to get the load I stopped by the main terminal in Lincoln, NE and got fuel and had the trailer inspected.

After getting the truck and trailer taken care of I drove the 20 miles to Crete to pick up the load of dog food. I will deliver the load Friday after lunch to a Dollar General DC. Once unloaded I will be looking for that load to the house over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment