Monday, August 3, 2009

Ok OKlahoma

Got into Ardmore, Oklahoma at 3pm on Sunday. Another small place so not much TV or anything else really. I will check with dispatch this morning and see if this customer will let me drop this load to day instead of tomorrow after midnight. Some customers want drops on the day they request them others will take them anytime up to the end of that day. If I get to drop it then I will be moving on today if they have some freight.

I am finding that Eastern Pennsylvania/New Jersey area is the worst place to be right now for freight. When I unloaded up there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday, there was close to 200 of our trucks sitting there over the weekend. Took 3 days to get moving. Since then, I have not had to wait that long. Maine had me a load, then one out of Virginia, then out of St Louis, then South Georgia. Had the loads sent to me not long after being ready for dispatch. It is up and down and just depends on where you are. This company is very good about getting freight. Some places that is just not enough now a days.

Will be headed home by next Monday. Have a couple of doctor appointments in Houston during the week to check out problem with my ear. Going to do a CT scan to see if my head is about to explode yet or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment