Monday, July 27, 2009

Moving Slowly

They finally got me in the shop late Wednesday night and got my service done. They found other things to be repaired so I slept in the truck over night and they took it back into the shop in the morning. Finally got the truck back at noon on Thursday. Got a load about 4pm that afternoon to pick up in Harrisonburg, VA Friday night. So I drove down and waited. It was a 3 hour drive.

The next day I laid around all day and went over early to get the load, about 5 hours early. They had it loaded, but had not finished the paperwork on it yet. That took another 2 1/2 hours to get. I finally got on the road at 8:30pm and drove over just north of Beckly, WV on I-77. Spent the night there and made it to East Saint Louis, IL on Saturday evening at 8 pm. I had 2 drops in northwest St. Louis, MO on Monday morning. I had another day and a half to set.

When unloaded Monday, I was given a load sitting on the drop lot in East St. Louis that had 2 drops. The first is in Indianapolis on Tuesday morning, and the last drop is in Cincinnati on Wednesday morning. Will have 350 miles over 2 days, not much, but at least moving. Seems to be precious little of that lately. Ohio freight has been slow too, so that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment