Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July




Hope everyone has had a happy and safe 4th of July. We delivered the JIT load in Oklahoma arriving about 2 hours early for delivery. After getting unloaded went to a truck stop near by and bedded down until next morning. They gave me a load out of Muskogee, OK going up near Chicago. The load had a Monday delivery and since it was only Thursday I was supposed to drop the load at the drop yard in East St Louis, IL. When I got there there was no place to drop the trailer. Our company had about a dozen spots designated at the drop yard for our trailers and they were all full, and there were other drivers there looking for a place to drop theirs. There was not a single empty trailer there either. After one hour they told me to go ahead and take the load up to Romeoville, IL drop yard, which was only about 1 mile from where the load delivered. I got there at 10am Friday and dropped the load, and no empty trailers there either. After I got there about 5 more of our drivers came in too. I finally got a load to pick up Saturday morning going down near Kansas City, MO in Harrisonville. I am sitting near there now. Will deliver the load to Walmart Sunday morning and do a drop and hook. Hopefully will get a load headed to the house from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment