Thursday, September 24, 2009

Oregon

After unloading Wednesday morning in Nampa, ID they gave me a load to pick up from a driver at a Flying J truck stop about 9 miles away. He was either out of hours or trying to get home, not sure which. The load was going to Albany, OR just south of Salem on I-5. This was the first time I had been in the Salem/Portland, OR area since around 1996. It was still there.

I took close to 65+ pictures on the 8 hour drive. It is a very pretty drive which goes across I-84 from Ontario, OR to Portland. This follows the original Oregon Trail and also the Lewis and Clark expedition through the Columbia River Gorge. This is a beautiful drive. They have built special upstream troughs at the dams on the river for the salmon to swim up stream during spawning.

In Portland I turned south on I-5 to near Salem where I spent the night. I didn't unload until 2pm Thursday. After finally getting unloaded after 3 1/2 hours, they next gave me a load to pick up in Portland for Friday morning that delivers in Denver on Monday afternoon. After that dispatch is supposed to route me directly to the home terminal in Wilmer, TX for my annual physical.

The pictures posted are not the best. The sun was bright which left a glare on the windshield which really showed up all the bugs I couldn't seem to get rid of for very long. That happens a lot when going through farm country.

No comments:

Post a Comment