Thursday, September 10, 2009

Illinois

I delivered the load in Charlotte, NC that I picked up in Red Boiling Springs, TN on Tuesday morning. Had a nice drive through the Smoky Mountain Gorge on I-40 on Labor Day. They tried to give me a load to Connecticut but it had to be picked up in Kingsport, TN by 9am. It was already 430am and it was a 205 mile trip up there from Charlotte. I told them I could not make that with a 61 mph truck. Plus since I needed to be home on Monday, going to the northeast was a bad move 5 days before.

The load they gave me was 20 miles away in Gastonia, NC and it delivered this morning in Manteno, IL. They gave me a load out of Elwood, IL going to Olathe, KS which I deliver Friday morning. That is getting me closer to home and not the opposite direction. Got more pictures to download from the past week and try to get that on this weekend. Should be home by Monday for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment