Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Hope everyone had a nice and safe Labor Day.

I delivered the load of glass Sunday morning and was given a load of water to pick up in Red Boiling Springs, TN this morning. That is back in the hills north of Cookeville. From where I was at near Richmond, KY, there was no easy way for me to get there. Extremely narrow winding roads down to the place. Plus it was raining off and on. Made it in there ok but once I got that heavy load of water it worked me hard getting out of there and down to I-40. One stretch of road of about 30 miles I couldn't get over 30 to 40 mph. I was taking my half out of the middle, going through the gears like a NASCAR driver on a road course, at 30 mph no less. That's curvy. Glad no one was out on the road yet this morning.

The load is going to a grocery warehouse in Charlotte, NC and I deliver there at 4am in the morning. The trip over was not bad for a Labor Day, traffic not near as heavy as would be the norm on Labor Day in the past. Just tells you how much the economy is hurting every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment