Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Idaho and first snow

Left out of Amarillo with 69 degrees at 3am Sunday morning. Headed up US-287 into Colorado and hit the cold front around Lamar, CO. Got into some rain and temperature dropped into the low 40s and rain and 30 mph winds. When I got on up to Fort Collins, CO I started up over the mountains to Laramie, WY. When I topped over into Wyoming the snow started and the temp was down to 32 degrees.

I got in to Laramie and stopped to get fuel. I had to call fleet manager to adjust my fuel solution. They had me only getting 62 gallons in Laramie and I still had 700 miles to go. Computer doesn't recognize the combination of heavy load, 30mph head winds and mountains. I was only getting 4.7 mpg and normal is 6 or better. They let me fill up. I stopped for the night in Sinclair, WY which got me the other side of Elk Mountain and into dry roads.

I drove on up to Nampa, ID today. The starting temp this morning was 22 deg, by the time I got to the Boise area it was up in the low 80s. I deliver here in Nampa in the morning and go again. The pictures are from the last 3 weeks and will add some caps to them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment