Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Quick Load

I delivered my load in Atlanta the night of 4/12, and was about 2am when I finished, I lucked out by going back down the street to the only truck stop this side of town, and only had to circle parking lot 3 times before someone pulled out of a spot. Of course no freight and I had had no sleep so I layed down. I have also been sick with sinus infection. Got a sore throat and just out and out miserable.

They gave me a load at around 9am that picked up on 13th in Cartersville, GA from 8am to 8pm, and going to Mooresville, NC. This is what they call a JIT (just in time)load. Basically the consignee orders the product to be delivered at a specific time, they take it off the truck and take it straight into production. This way they don't have to warehouse the product. Penalties for missing an appointment on of these loads is nasty. Beheading or something like that...

Because of illness I was in a stupor I reckon when putting down info, and thought it was still the 12th. I drove up to Cartersville and cleaned up and went back to bed. I got a message from dispatch at 1am wanting to know if I had made it to shipper yet. Kind of wished they had noticed that a few hours earlier. I ran over next door to shipper and sweet talked him into loading me, and at 2am pulled out headed to Mooresville, a 310 mile trip with a 61 mph truck. Five and one half hours later I pulled into the customer with half hour to spare, not stopping but once for 5 min pit stop.

No freight again. At 4pm they gave me a load that picks up 30 miles from here going to Connecticut. Has to be there the next day before midnight. Wonderful thing about this load is that the earliest I can get there is 7pm Thursday evening, and in Eastern Conn. there are no truck stops. So once drop load will be in a big mess. Only rest area with in 50 miles has room for about 8 trucks. Will make for a fun trip because I know there will be no freight to pick up at that time of night in the northeast.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment