Thursday, April 23, 2009

Iowa

Been off a few days. Got the load to Laredo on Tuesday morning and got unloaded. Got a load that picked up in Laredo that afternoon going to Maquoketa, IA. Was a load of Mexican mops and brooms going to Family Dollar warehouse. Walk into the back of the trailer and smelled like a hay field, started sneezing.

My company picked up 2 loads out of there going to the same place. The first driver in got my load and when I arrived and gave them my pick up number, well I can't tell you what he was telling me, I don't speak Mexican. He loaded me and I got my paperwork and started to walk out and noticed the pick up number didn't match so I had to go back in and find out why. Finally I got the message that they had loaded the other driver with my load, and me with his. I called dispatch and told them what happened and after awhile they told me shouldn't be a problem. Well....yeah it was.

The shipment I had that was supposed to be picked up by the other driver delivered at 10:30pm Wednesday night. You have a confirmation number on your paperwork that allows you in the gate when you arrive. My load delivered anytime from midnight to midnight on Thursday. Problem was when the driver arrived at Family Dollar at 10:30pm Wednesday with my load and my confirmation number for Thursday delivery they let him right in. The load I had that was supposed to be his, I delivered on Thursday. Problem being the confirmation on my load was for a 10:30pm appointment Wed., he used my Thursday confirmation number to deliver, and the confirmation number I had was canceled. I couldn't get in the gate when I arrived. Dispatch did not change our appointment times and I had no idea what the appointment on my load was. Anyway, I got in after about 1 1/2 hour wait.

I dropped the load and will pick up load in Ft. Madison, IA in the morning going to Conroe, TX. That should get me home for my 4 days off starting Tuesday.

Got our mobile home rented this week, so the work I did on the driveway last time home paid off with some good renters. They also have horses and paying to rent pasture too. Now I have to build fences when get home. Oh boy

No comments:

Post a Comment