Thursday, March 26, 2009

Made it to the Dairyland

I made it into Madison, WI about 1230pm today. Left the Toledo area around 530am. Was nice drive today across I-80. Sun began to peek out while coming across northern Indiana.

Made it to Chicago at 9am and breezed through pretty well, morning traffic had already died out. Another part of the preplanning part. Got into Wisconsin and found the state had built a brand new weigh station on I-90 near Beloit, WI. Hadn't realized been that long since I had been up here. Close to a year now I guess.

I went back to the posting on March 17 and added pictures I had taken on the trip from Kentucky up to Rochester, NY, so you might want to go back to look at those. The 4 pictures from the cave warehouses in Kansas City were from March of 2008.

The following pictures on this post are on the trip headed here. All are along I-80 starting in the Pocono Mtns. and going west toward Ohio. In 7th picture in the group is a picture of an Amish farm in a beautiful valley not far from Lamar, PA. After I snapped the picture I went about a mile further down the road and saw about two dozen Amish children playing ball near a small school house. All were dressed just a like, in all black, girls with bonnets and boys with the flat brim straw hats. They are an interesting culture and are all along the nothern midwest from Pennslyvania to Iowa and south. I have seen them in south central Tennessee too.

No comments:

Post a Comment