Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And back to NY

Was up at 4 am and drove on down to Kimper, KY to deliver load. We have a lot of trailers in there for preloading so was in and out of customer in one hour.

Did what is called a drop and hook. The company I work for places empty trailers at customers all across the country. Many as they need. Shipper preloads them and we go in and just drop our empty trailer and pick up the loaded one and gone. This particular customer we take shipments in to also, so I dropped my load they had loads sitting there and they gave me one going right back to Rochester, NY that delivers next day. I am back in Canton, Ohio for the night and will get up around 3 am to get up there by 10 am tomorrow.

We also take loads in to many customers and do drop and hook to an empty trailer. Wal Mart is one of the largest we deal with. We don't do drop and hooks everwhere, but sure is nice when we do. It takes a lot of time to live load or unload at a customer. I only get paid for rolling down the road and getting miles. Sitting at each end of the trip is on me.

Still dealing with excellent weather. Upper 60s and sunny all day. Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment