Friday, October 2, 2009

Amarillo, Alabama, Florida

After unloading in Denver I got a load of Budweiser out of Ft. Collins, CO going to Amarillo. Since I had been sitting all day and had the hours they gave me that load and it had to be delivered the next morning. So I had to drive all night to make it and then once delivered had to take my break in the day time. I was up 26 hours and only got 2 hours sleep. Just can not sleep in the daytime no matter how tired.

I picked up a load of copper that afternoon in Amarillo going to near Huntsville, AL to deliver Thursday morning. Unloading it I ran on into Huntsville and picked up a load of empty beer kegs from a Budweiser distributor going back to the brewery in Jacksonville, FL. I delivered that at 10am today and was given my next load to pick up over west of Valdosta, GA.

This is a load of cat litter and was real lucky. 90% of the trucks sitting there were waiting on a shipment to come in that had product they needed for their loads. My particular load was a straight load and they had mine ready to go. I got to go ahead of 12 trucks to the front of the line and was loaded and gone in one hour. The truck came in with their product as I was getting loaded, so that saved me at least 4 or 5 hours.

I will deliver this load in Zanesville, OH Sunday night and they have me preplanned on a load out of Columbus, OH that night going to Ennis, TX just south of Dallas. From there I will get my DOT physical done at home terminal, truck serviced and be home Wednesday night or early Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment