Saturday, October 17, 2009

Iowa

Keep getting behind here.

Dropped my load at 6am Wednesday in Topeka and they gave me a load to pick up out of the same plant going back to Petsmart in Ennis, TX to deliver Thursday morning at 6am.

After unloaded I went by the terminal in Wilmer, TX again to pick up a new log book for November/December. Was going to get some fuel additive to keep my fuel from gelling, but they didn't have any in yet. That's nice, since it is well below freezing already in the upper midwest. And guess where my next load went.

Well, not quite that far north. Picked up a load from Wal Mart in De Soto, TX going to the Wal Mart DC in Mt. Pleasant, IA. They had it to drop on Saturday, but with Wal Mart you can drop anytime at most of the DC's, so I got in there Friday morning.

After dropping the load they gave me a load out of Oskaloosa, IA going to Texas out southwest of Ft Worth. I got the load because it was very heavy. The driver that got into Wal Mart ahead of me was still waiting for a load and they had to pass him over. He had a new International tractor which is almost 2000# heavier than the Freightliner I drive. He was too heavy to pick up the load so I got it instead. Good for me.

I am in Weatherford, TX until Monday morning. I will leave here early Monday and go deliver. Maybe it will allow me time to feel better. I have a sinus infection or cold and feel pretty miserable. I never get sick this time of year. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment