Monday, June 22, 2009

Jersey

Didn't make the delivery to North Carolina on Saturday. When it came my time to load at the shipper they inspected the trailer and found it had a small pinhole where a screw had come out that held the upper marker light in. Some driver before me had covered it with duct tape on the inside and I didn't know it was there. The sun was shining so bright you could see the small light through the tape so they rejected the trailer. Since I was loading rolls of paper they were being pretty picky. So after waiting in line to get loaded for 2 hours I had to pull out and drive 20 minutes away to a trailer shop to get it repaired. Then I returned to the shipper to get loaded again. From time I first got to the shipper until I finally got loaded it took me almost 5 hours. That didn't leave me enough time to make the customer with the load before 2pm then next day. They were open on Sunday too, so I was sitting there when they opened up.

Once I got unloaded Sunday morning they gave me a load sitting on their drop yard in Greensboro, NC going to Edison, NJ for Monday morning delivery. It was drop and hook and got the load drove up around Washington, DC, through Baltimore and to Carneys Point, NJ by evening. Carneys Point is at the base of the Deleware Memorial Bridge separating Deleware and New Jersey.

Delivered the load in Edison this morning at 7am and waited for 4 hours until they gave me a load to pick up in Newburgh, NY. This was another rush job which barely gave me enough time to run up there to get the load before they closed at 2pm. Made it with 10 minutes to spare. Got the load and back down to Maryland and will deliver down in Williamsburg, VA tomorrow as soon as I can get there. Will get up at 3am so can get down through Baltimore and DC before morning rush gets heavy. Corey has been taking loads of pictures, got several of the Empire State Building. Will try to load them in next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment