Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekly report

About all I get to now adays...

Delivered over in Alsip, IL, then loaded just north of there at Northlake, IL going to Menomonie, WI for the next day. They sent me from there over to Green Bay, WI to pick up a load from Georgia Pacific going to a grocery warehouse in Monroe, MI on south side of Detroit. It delivered at 1 am Thursday morning. Love those.

There was a truck stop 3 blocks from the warehouse so I was able to get in there in the morning and park and try to sleep before delivery. Got lucky and got 4 or 5 hours before getting up. It took them 3 hours to get me unloaded, wasn't busy they were just slow. From there I drove down to Lima, OH to pick up a load from Procter and Gamble going to Procter and Gamble in Pineville, LA. This load was supposed to be ready at 8 am when I got there, but they had problems and it was 1pm before I finally got the load. That was fun since I had been up since midnight. I got down to Louisville, KY though and went straight to bed. Got up early as soon as my 10 hour break was up and drove hard down to Brookhaven, MS. I needed to get as far as fast as I could because it had to be delivered before 4am on Saturday morning. The 5 hour delay getting the load messed me up on being able to take my time.

Getting up at midnight Friday night, I made it into Pineville with about 30 minutes to spare. They loaded me out of the same plant going to Cleburne, TX on the south side of Ft Worth and it had to be delivered same day. So had to hot foot it over there. Wasn't hard drive since I did get a good night's rest before hand for a change. Once I dropped the load at Walmart, I drove a mile away and picked up a load of insulation from Johns Manville going to Metairie, LA for Monday morning. Stopping at the terminal south of Dallas and waiting to get my truck serviced this afternoon. Hopefully....

If they get me in tonight then I will drive on down to Metairie tomorrow and park until Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment