Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hoosier State

I spent the night at the Indianapolis terminal last night because I had an annual review that had to be filled out, along with watching a safety film. Took me a little extra time, but I only had 160 miles to go for my delivery and my load information said I could deliver up to 1 pm.

I got about half way up to Nappanee, IN and I stopped to call the customer to get directions since this was a new one. Should have called the day before, turns out that they stop receiving at noon instead of 1 pm. So I had to push it harder and I got there with about 15 minutes to spare.

Leaving Atlanta it was in the 90's and just hot. When I got up to northern Indiana it was rainy and 68 degrees. Kinda nice. Going north to south helps the spirits sometimes on the heat and humidity. Of course it works in reverse in the winter time.

After unloading my load of insulation at the mobile home manufacturer, I ran 40 miles east to Kendallville, IN to pick up a pre loaded trailer going to Covington, GA. Yep back to Atlanta. Can't get them loads like that in the winter time. The trailer only had 5 pallets of packaging on it going to General Mills. Cereal boxes I believe. I will deliver this one at 3 am Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment