Sunday, May 16, 2010

Same Customer

This week I have gotten into interplant deliveries for Owens Corning. This doesn't happen often now a days. I picked up empty pallets/crates from their plant in Amarillo on Thursday evening and delivered to their plant in Jackson, TN Saturday morning. After unloading I was given a load out of the same dock going to their plant in Ft. Smith, AR that delivered Sunday morning. Once unloaded, I was given a preload from same plant going to Owens Corning's plant in Irving, TX that I deliver Monday morning.

Not a lot of miles really, but it saves on time from dead heading to some other town to get the next load. In the last two locations I was in the same plant and out fairly quickly with next load. I had empty crates first load, raw material on the second load, and finished product on this load.

Got to shut down in time this afternoon to catch the last half of NASCAR race, get a shower and a burger and now can rest the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment