Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to the Mines

Vacation's over...^&)*^

Tried to get a late start on Tuesday so I might not have to go to Hawkins to pick up another load of bottled water...not to be. The tornadoes in Oklahoma City area had a lot of shipments of water and I had to pick one up and deliver to Sam's Club in Oklahoma City the same night. With natural disasters water shipments pick up...a lot!

Once I was unloaded I picked up a load of dog food close by going to Family Dollar in Odessa, TX. I delivered this on Thursday morning. Wednesday night had a bad storm pass through with a bit of hail, kept me awake for at least 5 minutes. Temperature next morning was in low 40's...drag back out the long pants.

Once unloaded around noon Thursday they finally gave me a load to pick up in Amarillo, 260 miles away,that's a lot of deadhead miles, but guess they didn't have anything else close. Got there around 6pm and it was a load of empty plastic pallets that are used to transfer plastic fiber from one plant to another. They weigh 270 lbs. a piece and have 150 of them on the trailer. I am delivering the load to Jackson, TN.

Coming through Memphis I hit a large line of storms and traffic was moving at 20 mph for over 30 miles. The storm out in front of us was dropping golf ball size hail and no one wanted to catch up to it I guess.

Tomorrow another day...hopefully with more sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment