Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nebraska

Got up next morning and all of the interstates were open except for I-78, which is the one they closed right after I came down it. They didn't open it again until late in the day. By that time I had made my delivery in Wintersville, OH.

Went over the river to Wellsburg, WV to pick up a load going to Norfolk, NE (Johnny Carson's home town). This was Thursday and was not supposed to deliver until Monday. I got into Norfolk on Saturday morning and since this was a small company I gave them a call and lucked out that they were open and out of the product I had. Needed it so I was able to get unloaded that morning. They gave me another load right there in Norfolk going to Plattsburgh, NY - whoopee!! Plattsburgh is on I-87 just a few miles south of Quebec, Canada. Wonder if anyone is getting down to Miami, FL, certainly not me.

In order to make the delivery appointment on Tuesday morning at 6am, I have been getting up at midnight each night to drive 10 hours. The last leg of the trip I will need to be as close as I can be and get up at 2am to get there. Anyway, have to work out my schedule with the few hours I am picking up on my logs to make it work out. Only thing that may blow my schedule is if I hit snow along the New York Thruway tomorrow. I beat the last storm pretty much this morning by leaving Des Moines, IA at midnight before the full force of the storm had hit. I got out in front of it and it moved on to the south. What I will see in New York will be lake effect snow. It doesn't need a front to stir that stuff up.

Happy Valentine's Day All.

No comments:

Post a Comment