Saturday, January 30, 2010

Moving along

Shucks another week gone by since been on here. Got to do better.

Lets see, I guess I pick up with dropping the load in Buford, GA on Monday morning and then running down to Winder, GA to pick up a load of insulation going back to Olive Branch, MS on the south side of Memphis. This load was a drop and hook that had to be dropped before 6:30am the next morning. I got it there at 5:30am, but they didn't have any empty trailers. There were at least a dozen company trailers there and all of them were still loaded. I had to wait on the premises until they came into work and unloaded one. The first one out of the dock was an old trailer and it had a damaged door on it. Great, back in the shop again. This time it took 6 hours to get it repaired, they had to replace the entire door.

My next load picked up that night at Kelloggs there in Memphis going to Kelloggs in London, OH near Columbus. I got the load picked up and made it up about half way between Memphis and Nashville and went to bed. Next morning did my pretrip and had a flat on my tractor. Rats in the shop again. Fifth time in a week. This was getting old. Found a nail in the tire and I was gone. Delivered the load the next morning and picked up a load near Columbus going to York, PA. Another short trip but an easy one.

I delivered this Friday morning, it was another drop and hook. It was time to go home and I had it set up already to get a load that way. Had planned on the 1st. They gave me a load out of Muncy, PA which is north central part of the state, going to Mansfield, TX to deliver on Tuesday the 2nd. I picked the load up before noon and headed out. I had to cut down through the mountains northeast of Pittsburg on the way down to I-70 which is never fun with a heavy load.

Another front was bearing down on the southeast and a nasty one. I made it to Columbus, OH Friday night and when I got up the next morning it was 13 degrees but it was clear. I did not get to where the snow was until I got halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville. By the time I got there it was just wet roads all the way to Nashville. All the ramps were iced over but the roads were good. Nashville had gotten 7" of snow and was a mess. Lots of wrecks. Had to make one detour coming in to town because one accident had the entire freeway closed. I got off with a couple of other trucks and went down Dickson Pike for a few miles and hopped on the other side of the wreck. Stopped got fuel and was gone to Memphis.

I got to West Memphis, AR tonight and the roads west of here to Little Rock are iced over. Will wait until the sun comes out tomorrow and thaws it out before heading on down to Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment