Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Still....

...among the living!!!

Been a little remiss, I reckon I'm keeping everyone guessing if anyone actually still reading it.

Had to get into our Dallas terminal this past week to renew my physical. I had wanted to go home on Monday so I would be back on the road by this past weekend. Don't care to be home on the holiday much since I can't get anything done. They didn't get me to the terminal until Wednesday, so I got my truck serviced while I was getting my physical done. I liked this doctor, he believed in the cattle chute method of physicals. Waited for over a hour to get in the office and wasn't in there 5 minutes.

I delivered the load I was under at 2 am Thursday morning and thought I would go home, but dispatch had other plans. They needed me to pick up a load that had been dropped on the yard and deliver in Houston late that night. That wasn't bad enough, but had a flat on the trailer had to fix before heading home and I didn't get there until 3 am Friday morning.

After about 5 hours sleep I got up and tried to straighten out the home computer. Come to find out the Norton anti virus had not done a full scan since it was installed after I left a month ago. Every time it tried to scan it would get up to a certain point and freeze the computer. Somewhere at the point where it was scanning for viruses. Got on chat with Norton and it ended up taking 14 hours. It was 3 am Saturday morning before I went to bed and it was still messed up. I had gone through 5 different techs, then a supervisor and lastly an engineer. They were all bald by the time I got off. Then engineer finally told me he would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. Well 72 hours came and went and so did I, had to go back to work, but not after getting back on chat and giving some poor tech what for. They can't speak English, they don't know what a time zone is, and they repeat the same play book every time you chat with one. "Rest assured we will solve your problem". Well they ain't done it yet. Today I got 2 different emails from a supervisor and I had told them to call Pat after 3 pm because she had a doctor appointment this morning, they called at 10 am.

Sunday I came down with a virus or food poisoning. I blew out the toilets in Kmart, Sam's Club and Walmart before made it back home to work on ours. I hadn't been that sick in years. Managed to go back out today with only half the things I normally take with me since cut my grocery shopping real short Sunday. Spent rest of day Sunday and most of Labor Day in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment