Friday, September 10, 2010

Land of OZ

Feel a little like Dorthy with the truck shaking and rattling, and hopefully not rolling, around. Heavy thunderstorm passing through. Up in the morning and back on the yellow brick road in Topeka, Kansas. Coming out of Denver where I had 3 drops on Thursday of air conditioners. All these things that Eric and Jamie are missing and loving in Saudia Arabia. Loving a/c's and missing the rain.

I had to wait until this morning to pick up my load in Golden, CO. I have a load of packaging from there going to Miller/Coors Brewing in Ohio. Got to package that stuff up after you brew and bottle it. Wasn't aware that Miller and Coors were attached, missed something somewhere. Or just forgot maybe.

The being sick as a dog, feel sorry for the dog that was that sick, it threw me out of routine getting ready to leave home. Found out the day after I had left that I had left my bag with my medications sitting in the kitchen. Bummer. I had to wait until I got dispatched in Denver to see which direction I was headed so I could get Pat to over night it for me. A risky move since I have had loads cancel on me before, and I had to wait overnight to pick up the load the next day. Seems to be working out though, she over nighted the meds to the Kansas City terminal and they are in there on Saturday morning from 8am to noon. I should get in there around 8am in the morning and get them picked up. Was a hard $52 to give up, but eating at Cotton Patch, well I ought to bill them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment