Thursday, November 12, 2009

Texas

I delivered the one drop in Huntsville, AL at 8am Monday morning and they had it off in about 30 minutes. I next had to drive to Nashville for my 12pm appointment at the second drop. I got there at 11:15am and only had 3 air conditioners to come off there. The last drop was only a half mile away, so I was finished by 1pm.

I sent maintenance a message that my opt idle system was not working right. That is the control that turns the truck on to cool and heat the cab, and also to recharge the batteries if they get low. If it stops working the truck won't idle more than 2 minutes before it shuts down. That can be a real problem if it gets really cold or uncomfortably warm when trying to sleep. Hard to sleep if getting up every 2 minutes to turn the truck back on.

They gave me a load from Wilson Sporting Goods there in Nashville going to the south side of Atlanta. I dropped that early Tuesday morning in a driving rain which was the leading edge of Tropical Storm Ida. Then I drove carefully back the other side of Atlanta to Marietta to our terminal there. I got there at 7:45am and it was 8pm that night before they finally got me in the shop. Took them 10 minutes to pull a sensor out and replace it. Works fine now.

Picked up a load of insulation Wednesday going back to Houston which I deliver in the morning. Now that I sit in Houston and they have a no idling law. It is over 80 degrees in the sleeper and close to 7pm at night it is going to be miserable sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment