Tuesday, October 19, 2010

This week

This is getting hard to keep up with when I'm running so hard. Working 12 to 14 hours every day 7 days a week, usually when I shut down I don't really do much. Been sitting awhile today and catching up on some TV shows on my computer. Glad they starting streaming the shows on their station web sites. Since they came up with all digital signals I haven't been able to pick up anything with my TV. Sitting in a parking lot, every vehicle that passes cuts the signal even when you have a strong one. And strong ones are hard to get. Time before last when I was home I took the TV out all together. I just use my computer to watch the shows on there that I like. Not that many of them anyway.

NCIS, Chuck, CSI NY, Bones, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Human Target (when it starts up again), Burn Notice on USA is good. That is about it with a few sitcoms like Two and a Half Men thrown in. Middle on ABC is also a good one. At least on the computer when I am shut down I can catch up with them when ever I have the time. They keep them on the site usually for about 3 to 4 weeks after the original air date. Now, as long as my computer holds up. If I get in an area that has a weak signal then I won't be watching anything. Has to be a good strong 3G signal to work.

That is my idle time. Don't really do much surfing on the internet anymore unless trying to find some information. Use Google Earth a lot to view customers that I am going into, especially if it is for the first time. That is a big big help.

After NC I went to Valdosta, GA with a load, then from there over to Austin, TX. Out to Uvalde, TX for the first time and picked up a load of deer corn going to a Walmart DC in south Louisana. Then picked up load from Georgia Pacific going to Georgia Pacific in Palatka, FL. Then a load out of GP there going to New Albany, MS. I was offered a load to Omaha, NE which I really wanted because it was good miles, but I did not have enough hours to deliver it legally, so had to turn it down. Don't get offered 1400 mile loads often.

Picked up a load near Tupelo, MS this afternoon and going up near Indianapolis, IN to deliver tomorrow. Having to wait until 2 am to head that way to build some hours. Have just enough to make it up there tomorrow around noon then will have to sit until Wednesday to move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment