Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Home

Well didn't get to go directly home from Pittsburgh. I knew it would happen being Saturday night and no way to get with fleet manager in home terminal to get some help. Weekend dispatch sent me up to Erie, PA to pick up a load at midnight going to Budweiser in Jacksonville, FL. Complained that wasn't headed anywhere near home and got the usual message that it was all he had...not like I could prove he was lying.

Delivered there on Monday afternoon and meanwhile had been on the phone with fleet manager getting some assistance to get home. They gave me a load from Jacksonville to Hattisburg, MS to deliver Tuesday night at midnight at a Sam's Club. They preplanned me on a load from Meridian to New Caney, TX that got me home on Thursday morning.

Did pretty much nothing for 4 days enjoying my living room and my recliner for the most part. I did get out Sunday afternoon and crawl under the house to level the bathroom. It had settled a couple of inches on the outside corner. I had borrowed some jacks from a friend over 6 months ago to get it done. All ways something else coming up, until now. The people we paid to level the house had not done a very good job at that corner. I had to add some blocks to brace it in between the widely spaced blocking. Now you can go in the bathroom without holding down your brake peddle.

Left out again Monday morning and picked up a load of water going to a Sam's Club in Metarie, LA near New Orleans. Will deliver there in the morning. I will only stay out 2 weeks this time and take a vacation the first week of May. Finally getting a chance to go to Branson, MO for a few days. A very special friend just recently moved to the area and we got free lodging. More money for shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment